[PLUG] soundcard issue in linux

Rohan Dighe linuxdominatrix at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 18:16:26 IST 2006

On 4/10/06, shyam jai <shyamz_03 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have connected my "Creative inspire soundblaster 5.1 24bit sound card" on my linux box, and i have redhat enterprise linux 4.1 running on that. its not producing the sound. its not configured.
>  can u please help me in solving this issue.
>  my machine is a dual boot with windows 2000 and linux.
>  i have dissabled the onboard sound card from BIOS, since i have a creative soundcard fixed on my box, in windows its configured and works fine. i can hear clear good sound from my creative 5.1 speakers.
>  but my linux is not able to configure the card or produce the sound.
>  please look into this issue. and guide me in this.

could you just try the normal configure

what happens is that the VOLUME is reduced to zero or something like that

i use the same card

i am facing the same problem

at the first boot everything is heard properly and from next boots no
sound is heard from the sound card

i would suggest you play with KMIX the problem is there only

CHECK the PCM setting

Rohan Dighe
Fedora Ambassador India.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother.
 -- Albert Einstein