[PLUG] C/C++ IDE for *inux systems?

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 20:31:51 IST 2006

--- Varun Mehta <bambambhole at gmail.com> wrote:
> For some freshers vi and Emacs are nightmares if
> they have already used
> EditPlus etc...

As a newbie, one has to go through a learning curve.
That is why they are called newbies. Don't blame the
software if PEBKAC.

Learning to use either will be extremely useful.

* Since, they deal with buffers it is extremely fast
to use them.

* There are excellent navigational and
cross-referenceing tools like ctags, cscope, etags,
ecb that you can use with them.

* When working with client systems in remote
locations, they will not give you fancy GUIs, only a
shell prompt. So, it is important for anyone to know
how to edit files from the prompt.
> Something that helps in Project Management, and ease
> of development.

Use emacs-planner with GNU emacs. Works for me.

But, if you really, really want an IDE to learn, then
you can try Anjuta.

Shakthi Kannan

Do You Yahoo!?