[PLUG] More frequent PLUG meetings

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 21:57:13 IST 2006

--- Devendra Laulkar <devendralaulkar at yahoo.com>
> The issue is that the number of people attending the
> monthly meetings is less. Also, few people take up
> seminars/talks at the existing meetings.

That is true in most GLUGs in India. Its usually more
"virtual" volunteers who participate via e-mails and
give ample suggestions, but, very few who contribute
in a physical activity for the group. Remember, India
is still a developing country, and not everyone is
connected online.
> However from what I know, PLUG is the only LUG which
> is having consistent monthly meetings. Probably no
> other LUG can claim this.

Honestly, it doesn't matter which is the best. Whether
our objectives/work on FOSS in India is *satisfactory*
is the real question.

Shakthi Kannan

Do You Yahoo!?