[PLUG] SATA Disk support

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Wed May 17 10:27:56 IST 2006

On 5/16/06, kapil pendse <kapil.pendse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'll send you the BIOS details tonight.
> -Kapil

I checked the BIOS settings while waiting for some help.
It had two options :
Normal :  This means the disk will be reported as SATA only.
Combination : This is for compatibility with OS that doesn't have full SATA

On my machine is it setup as "Combination", so I think it should have worked
Anyway, do send more information if you have.

On 5/15/06, Desi Penguin <desipenguin at gmail.com > wrote:

> > Linux. And the BIOS settings I'm referring to is such that it fools the
> OS
> > into believeing that the connected SATA disk is normal PATA (Parallel
> ATA)
> > disk. That is how Linux finds it and works with it. And Windows works
> This is office machine, so I don't want to  play too much with BIOS
> settings.
> But since I can always revert back, do let me know what settings you are
> referring to.
> I'll give it a try.
> -DP
On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/