[PLUG] Re: plug-mail Digest, Vol 8, Issue 1

Rohan Dighe linuxdominatrix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 2 23:29:41 IST 2006

On 10/2/06, archana acharya <archana.a17 at gmail.com> wrote:
> i guess for a bootable usb u need a diskboot.img file in the first
> sector of your usb drive . its a vfat filesystem image also your bios
> is required to support booting from a usb drive obviously u'll have to
> move ithe diskboot.img file to your pendrive use the dd command.
> eg:
> dd < diskboot.img> /dev/sda
> --
this is a very dangerous command, please use it very carefully.
It crashed my whole partition table, that time the /dev/sda was not mounted.

Please avoid using this technique as far as possible

thank you,

Rohan Dighe
Fedora Ambassador India.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother.
 -- Albert Einstein