[PLUG] socketcall hook

Desi Penguin desipenguin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:48:01 IST 2007

> I am tring to hook socket system call and want to add some extra
> functionality  But i am not able to link sys_bind() function in socketcall.
> It says unresolved symbol.

 What compiler/linker options have you used ?

In order to get it work, i copied the sys_bind() call from the socket.c file
> to the .c file that i am using. Now the system is working fine. Is this
> approach is correct one ? or will it create some problems in future.

While this is good "hack", this should not be used in long term. At some
point you'll have to resolve the liking error.

On the internet, no one knows you are a penguin
Check my blog at http://desipenguin.blogspot.com/