[PLUG] Tata Indicom Broadband on Linux

Rohit roxtar at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 00:54:04 IST 2007

I recently took a broadband connection from Tata Indicom. Its an
unlimited postpaid package, so I have  a static IP and I don't use any
client programs to connect to the internet. It works fine under
windows and I have tried configuring the same under linux but it
doesn't work. I modified the rc.conf file to set the static IP and
gateway during boot up. I then added the DNS servers to resolv.conf.
Is there anything else that I need to do? Does anybody have a working
I'm using a barebones linux distro called arch linux.
Any help will be appreciated.