[PLUG] Live CD for undergrad OS lab

Rohan Dighe rsdighe at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 15 17:50:49 IST 2007

On 8/15/07, Devendra Laulkar <devendralaulkar at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am helping out in a local college (MIT) in the OS
> lab.
> I want to distribute a live CD to the students, so
> that they can test out on their own PC's.
> Knoppix should work fine, but I would like to have
> suggestions regarding any other Live distro's.
> Basic requirement is gcc+gdb+vi+emacs. awk, sed.
> Another great combination would be linux + qemu/boschs
> + minix along with source, however I don't know a CD
> which has this.
> -Devendra Laulkar.

I have fedora core 6 (live cd) it works very nicely !!! I have about 10-15
disks already burnt
with me if you want i can help too..

also i would like if you need any more help regarding some sort of tutorials
being arranged
at the college so that it could help them. !!

i am very good at things which you have mentioned... gdb, awk and all...
maybe we can
both do a demo...

let me know what you think
i will be glad to help !!

Thank You.

PS:- Fedora Core Live CD may not be the best of the live cd distros but "IT

Rohan Dighe
Fedora Ambassador India.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother.
-- Albert Einstein