[PLUG] Cheat Sheet / Quick Start Guide

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 18 23:54:43 IST 2007

Devendra Laulkar wrote:

> Any additions, suggestions welcome. Please note that
> this flyer is to be distributed to the general public
> which may or may not have any background in using
> computers

You might want to group the distributions together instead of having
them scattered around.  Also Fedora does have several different
installable live images (CD and DVD's). Refer

The last time I checked games knoppix seemed to be a dead project. I
would skip mentioning it. Scilab has source available but it is not
really Free or open source software despite the false advertising. I
would suggest removing it. Xcdroast is really ancient and has a crufty
UI. Maybe something like gnomebaker or brasero would be better. You
might want to mention Nvu as a alternative to Frontpage. Might want to
mention Gedit as a text editor, file roller for managing archives. Also
list Visual Studio as a proprietary IDE with Eclipse, Anjuta and
Kdeveloper as alternatives.

A very comprehensive page you list as reference: