[PLUG] Nice linux seminar by Sudhanva and Devendra.... thank you friends!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Dec 22 20:39:00 IST 2007

Manoj Mahajan wrote:

> 1. As other OS, Linux is also has some viruses, (some bugs atleast to hack
> using Trojans, backdoors)
> If not(?) please correct me... We need AV for atleast at email server, i
> think ;).
> Some companies like AVG, Panda and many more has AV product for Desktop.

Wouldn't be necessary as there aren't any known viruses in the wild.

Checking for trojans and rootkits might be useful however and there are
free and open source programs like chkrootkit and rkhunter for that.

Clamav is a well known antivirus program that is used to scan mails for
Windows viruses in a server if you have Windows clients in a network.