[PLUG] Hathway Internet On Fedora Core 6 Linux

श्रीधर नारायण श्रीधर नारायण
Fri Jul 27 18:57:56 PDT 2007

On Saturday 28 July 2007 01:08, Nishant Shrivastava wrote:
> Hi,
>     My routing table doesn't show any gateway but the thing is what i
> should enter in the forst column of the route command and i am even not
> able to enter the gatewau thru route..gets some error..my gateway IP is
> 60.243.32.1and my for eg is
> 60.x.y.z....i have used ifconfig eth0 to assign my IP to my NIC
> card...netmask is 255.255.252.0..now how can i enter the gateway ip in
> routing table

Its been like 4 years since I have used redhat/mandrake etc. so I might be bit
rusty on this.

But I don't think you have to fiddle around ifconfig and route to setup the
networking. You can use something like netconfig or some such which ask you
for details like ip, mask and gateway, which you already have.

HTH

 Shridhar