Network problems (was Re: [PLUG] Re: GNU India on the Microsoft scourge in Government)

Arun Tomar susedevel at
Sun Mar 25 10:24:20 IST 2007

On Sunday 25 March 2007 10:22 am, Arun Tomar wrote:
> On Friday 23 March 2007 11:14 pm, Nishit Dave wrote:
> > On 3/23/07, sco1984 at <sco1984 at> wrote:
> > > Problem is simple "The Firewall" & "DNS". Add DNS suffix in FC 6 and
> > > try again. Or specify correct DNS addresses.
> > > By default Firewall options are disabled in "Knoppix 5.1". So even you
> > > can connect to wireless network.
> >
> > Can you please explain it more clearly and in detail?  I use a Netgear
> > DG632 modem/router with BSNL Dataone.  The router is configured to
> > connect automatically using my userID / password, and it assigns IP
> > address dynamically to my desktop.  Therefore, the network connection
> > does not need to have any configuration details.  Do I need to specify
> > the DNS manually for my default connection on eth0?
 you do not need to configure dns manually. if it's not working then,
 in ur dhcp server i.e netgear,check the dns settings & configure the DNS so
 that it provides all the details automatically to your desktop.