[PLUG] [Commercial] Job Openings at Red Hat,
Pune for RHN/Application Stack Support Engineer
punejobs at redhat.com
Wed May 16 01:40:59 PDT 2007
Job Openings for the following position exists at Red Hat, Pune in
Global Support Services (GSS) division.
Note: Please do not change the subject line while replying, else your
resume may be ignored.
Position Title : Technical Support Engineer (RHN/Application Stack)
Location : Pune, India
Job Type : Full Time
Positions : Multiple
The position is for a RHN/Application Stack Support Engineer in the GSS
(Global Support Services) division of Red Hat to provide technical
support to global customers. A senior position may be offered depending
on the profile of the candidate.
As a part of the responsibilities, the candidate is expected to:
* Analyze problems with non-functioning software to identify problem
areas and recommend corrective action.
* Use professional concept and exercises judgment within defined
* Have an understanding of different linux system administration.
* Have Good exposure to Python Scripting, Tomcat Application Server, Java.
Two or more years of experience (5+ for senior) in troubleshooting,
debugging, and configuration of different applications especially
related to Linux.
* Well developed writing and English speaking skills.
* Deep understanding of Linux/Unix and Open Source
* Conveys information concisely and clearly to all levels of client.
* Understanding of Operating Systems especially Linux, programming
languages and Software Engineering.
* Degree preferably in a scientific, technical or Computer Science.
* Preference would be given to candidates who have worked on support role.
* Active participation in LUGs (Linux Unix Groups) and Open Source
Projects will be an added advantage
* Should be comfortable working in Shifts.
* Exposure to Perl scripting would be an added advantage
Red Hat Software Services (India) Pvt. Ltd.
6th Floor, East Wing, Marisoft-III
Marigold premises, Kalyani Nagar
Pune, 411014, Maharashtra (India)
Tel: +91 20 40057334
More information about the plug-mail