[PLUG] Microsoft says 235 of its patents were violated by F/OSS

sudhanwa Jogalekar sudhanwa.com at gmail.com
Thu May 17 12:41:47 IST 2007

On 5/17/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Aditya Godbole wrote:
> > On 5/16/07, श्रीधर नारायण दैठणकर <ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net> wrote:
> >> On Wednesday 16 May 2007 10:07, ॐ wrote:
> >>
> >> I *think* US patents are valid in India thanks to WTO..
> >
> > (I think) what that means is that if you go to the US, and they arrest
> > you for patent infringement of their patents, the Indian government
> > cannot help you much.
> > In India, you cannot be arrested for software patent infringement,
> > since software patents don't exist.
> Don't confuse civil and criminal issues. You cannot be arrested for any
> copyright or patent infringement at all.
> Rahul

In my opinion, compared to criminal cases, IPR related issues are
taken more seriously globally  IPR related  issues are already coming
under WIPO and there are treaties like TRIPS
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIPS) already established.

For criminal and other such cases, there could be treaties between the
countries to handover the suspects. ( eg, recent Argentina case for
Quotraochi and other older example of Portugal)

Have you tried the new "FREE" Marathi font "Aksharyogini" we have released?

News!! Aksharyogini font will now be available in debian Indic fonts package!!

Please get it from http://aksharyogini.sudhanwa.com