[PLUG] Announcing the release of Fedora 8 (Werewolf)

Vishal Rao vishalrao at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:56:22 IST 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 11:03 PM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Correct. The firmware is not redistributable at all.
> http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/bcm43xx-yum-extras

Yup, I'd seen that page already, thanks. The older bcm43xx certainly
doesn't support my wifi model and the new b43 I believe does not yet
either. I hope it's just that and not a problem (or my missteps) with
wpa_supplicant and/or networkmanager... looks like the next distro
releases 6 months down the line (with newer b43) will have better
support and I won't have to jump through the ndiswrapper hoops to get
wireless working.

"Thou shalt not follow the null pointer for at it's end madness and chaos lie."