[PLUG] [OT] Content in UTF-8 encoding : how often do you come across it ?

Mandar Vaze mandarvaze at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 15:18:05 IST 2008

On 12/12/2008 2:35 PM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
> This is somewhat [OT] but I wanted to ask - how often do you come
> across web content that is in UTF-8 and is available under an
> appropriate license that allows sharing and distribution ?
On somewhat related topic, is there a way to search the internet using
non-english (indic to be more specific) language using popular (or less
popular will also do) search engines ?
e.g Rather than entering "ramayan" in google can I enter ?????? , and
still get relevant results ?

For above to work, search engines will have to index UTF-8 data, and
user will have to query using UTF-8

What other problems does one see ?

Mandar D Vaze