[PLUG] [commercial] [jobs] Immediate opening for Linux Sys. Admin
knura at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 15:31:13 IST 2008
We have an immediate opening for a Linux Sys. Admin.
Experience: 4-5 years hands on experience in Sys. Admin. of Redhat/
SuSE/ Debian (also Ubuntu) Linux in the following areas:
- RHEL/ openSUSE/ Ubuntu installation, maintenance.
- Management of server farms 30+ machines, experience. with blade
servers a plus.
- Rapid deployment of new workstations (clonezilla)
- Network monitoring (Nagios, Cacti, ...), integration of alerts via
- UPS configuration. - one large UPS powering several machines. Proper
system shut down of all machines connected to the UPSs - "heart beat"
over the LAN.
- Intermediate/Advance. scripting (bash, Perl) to automate admin. tasks.
- Backups of large data sets (> 3 TB)
- Networking - LAN (Gigabit) / WAN/ VPN, subnets, interoperate with
- LDAP - integration into network login and usage of network resources.
- with LDAP integration.
- Install/ configure services like DNS, FTP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, NFS and
Samba and integration with LDAP (if applicable).
- DrQueue experience a plus.
- Security - experience in securing hosts and networks a plus.
Personality: Hands on and proactive; anticipate needs and make
suggestions rather than wait for the situation to blow up or look at
immediate manager to tell what to do exactly. Thirst for knowledge and
the ability to pick up new "stuff" on the fly.
Certification: Helpful but not mandatory.
Communication: Must be able to articulate your thoughts in
clear/unambiguous English. Ability to prepare reports for upper
management with costing/savings numbers a plus.
Job Location: Mumbai.
Local travel: Greater Mumbai/Navi Mumbai.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and knowledge.
Interested individuals please contact me directly.
If you know anyone who may be interested in the above, amongst your
friends, family, and colleagues, please forward this and have them
Thanks in advance.
More information about the Plug-mail