[PLUG] Firmware, tainted code etc [was Re: [X-Post] [ilugd] linux-libre kernel. fork?]

ഓം guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:17:57 IST 2008

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 1:14 PM, Praveen A <pravi.a at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/5/28 ഓം <guru.is.on.vi at gmail.com>:
>> This related to electronics and things that are used for electrons!
>> So effect of the word *potential* also needs to be taken into account
>> (albeit in some point of view)  and taking that it into account... one
>> could easily argue that what you are probably calling is a barrier, so
>> enough potential will cross over the barrier and make the electrons
>> flow as they need to appropriately...

Technically I would call them charged particles just like I would call
someone arguing on behalf of FSF as charged follower..

> May be I slept in the class or you are talking rubbish,

Maybe both :-)

> but I thought
> electrons need a *potential difference* to flow. They never cross the
> higher potential as far as I remember, they flow from a higher
> potential to a lower potential.

everything is relatively easy to disprove...

> --
> പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
> <GPLv2> I know my rights; I want my phone call!

You need working phone to make a call to be precise...  that needs to
be manufactured using GPLed hardware and certified GPL'ed software!
If you are that keen on it.  You know the rest.  The degree of

> <DRM> What use is a phone call, if you are unable to speak?

What's the use of phone if it doesn't work?