[PLUG] Motivating students to setup Web servers to share data

Mehul Ved mehul.n.ved at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 11:24:36 IST 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 11:14 AM, Abhijit Bhopatkar
<bain at devslashzero.com> wrote:
> To be extra clear, i don't think trying to get them to learn LAMP etc
> is going to help, colleges already kill their appetite to learn more.
> However give them something with practical advantage in life, (and it
> can be just to become super duper cool guy in the college to host his
> own website.) and the trigger will ignite an explosion. After all many
> of the pluggies i know simply started this way, accidentally finding a
> really useful tool in linux and somehow just getting addicted to the
> whole saga.

That sounds good, too. One advantage samba has, why I am suggesting
it, is sharing of resources with accountability. So, students can
share hard disk space, printers thus saving some costs. And at the
same time they learn sharing of resources.

Carmel, New York, has an ordinance forbidding men to wear coats and
trousers that don't match.