[PLUG] Reliance Net Connect Broadband+

Gaurav Pant gauravggs at gmail.com
Sun Dec 26 08:55:34 IST 2010

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:09 PM, DEV <debanjanb at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> I am a newbie in Linux environment. I wanted to connect the "Reliance Net
> Connect Broadband+" USB on CenOS at my home PC.
I use the same and it works well with most distros.

> First of all, its not a plug_n_play, though the USB is getting detected but
> I guess I need to get it configured. "Reliance Net Connect Broadband+" does
> contains some rpms (for Fedora, openSUSE and Debian) for Linux platforms. I
> have gone through installing/uninstalling the Fedora rpm for a couple of
> times along with changing the Network properties. Nothing have worked till
> now.

I you are using KDE install KPPP, configure the modem as /dev/ttyUSB0 --
this is what it usually comes up as.

> I have also logged a ticket with the Customer care of "Reliance Net Connect
> Broadband+" who came up with a presentation of "How to connect on Ubuntu
> (debian)" but was unable to connect on CentOS.

Try installing wvdial, it should work with it.

> I also have searched for the documentation on how to set up the connection
> in the internet, till now I am unsuccessful.
> Can someone help me out here?
It would be useful if you could mention what version of what distro you are
using as well as what utility you use to try to configure.