[PLUG] Help-needed for Configuring bash

Ajoy Kumar Thapa ajaykthapa at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:02:24 IST 2011

Dear all,
I am presently working on early linux kernel 0.01.
I have studied the source code and presently able to compile it [under present gcc] and run it under bochs.
I transferred the kernel Image to floppy and also created a minix partition in real harddisk.
When I am trying to run the kernel Image [from floppy] in read hardware, the kernel booting  goes fine.
It also load the shell "/bin/sh" in memory.
However, then it gives some "general protection fault" error.
I need help to resove this issue.
I would be very grateful for any help.
Thanks and regards
Ajoy Kumar Thapa